Obtaining your FM-3 Sea Side Reservations Immigration Service
Welcome to FM-3.com! Your FM-3 management utility! Login
Get Started Now
Sea Side FM3 Service
What is an FMT
What is an FM3
What is an FM2
Maintaining My FM3
Tax ID Number
What an FM2 looks like
Welcome to Rocky Point's only online FM3 Service

What is it?

An FM-2 is a one year permit to reside in Mexico . Unlike the FM-3, however, this document makes the holder an Imigrante (Immigrant). The document must be renewed each year as long as you continue to reside in Mexico . After your fifth year you can apply to become an imigrado - immigrate into the country.

What do I need to get one?

Immigrant Permits ( FM-2) are issued to foreign nationals who, Unlike the FM-3 clients, have the intention of gaining permanent residency in Mexico . Under immigrant schemes, you are permitted to reside in the country, provided that you fulfill certain criteria (as specified by the type of permit) for a period of up to one year.

The permit must be renewed annually for a further four years in order for you to be able to apply for full residency status. If you wish to remain in Mexico as a "resident alien" after five years, you must apply for full residency status (there is a specific procedure to follow), and have this accepted. Once your application has been accepted and your "FM2" has been issued (see below) you are entitled to full rights and responsibilities as any other Mexican Citizen, with the exception of the right to vote.

Upon receiving this status, you will receive a document that looks like a Mexican Passport (called a "FM2") -- Which looks like a gray version of the FM-3 -- which enables you pass through Mexico 's borders as if you were a Mexican National. You do not need to surrender your national passport, which you'll use when you return to your home country: either for visits, or when returning home to dwell. If you stay outside of Mexico for longer than 2 years, or for 5 years in any 10 year period, you will lose your resident status in Mexico .

Where do I get one?

Sea Side Immigration Services 

Home | Get Started Now | What is an FMT | What is an FM3 | What is an FM2 | Maintaining My FM3 | Tax ID Number
Copyright 2007 Sea Side Imigration Services